I am so happy and content with my cooking skill, especially for the savoury dishes.
Today, I have made a dish called " Ikan Masak Masam Manis", translated in English as the above title.
Honestly, this is my first trial cooking the dish and the recipe is not mine. I took it from other's website, with a few modification.
1. A white seabass fish
2. 2 spoonful of chilli paste ( suit your taste)
3. An onion. The big one
4. 2 cloves of garlic.
5. A lemongrass. (Make sure the end of the fat-bellied part, pounded. To give it the smell and taste )
6. A few kaffir lime leaves
7. 1/2 inch or an inch of ginger8. 1 red chilli
9. A few small green chillies (optional)
10. Carrot (to give it the sweet taste to the dish)
11. Onion leaves ( to make it more presentable? huhu)
12. A teaspoon of grounded black pepper
13. Corn flour
14. Turmeric flour
16. Sugar (optional)
17. Mollases/ Kaffir lime juice (optional. to give it a soury taste)
18. Chilli sauce
1. The fish + Corn flour + Turmeric flour + Grounded Black Pepper + Salt (mixed well) = Deep fried in hot oil until fairly cooked
2. Garlics + Onion + Ginger = Stir fry in other pan until it is seems yellowish and smells good (hot oil needed)
3. Chilli paste + Lemongrass + Kaffir Lime = Put it all together after the second step is done. Make sure the paste well-cooked (quite dry)
4. Put, Water + Chilli Sauce + Mollases. Let it simmer.
5. After that, Carrot + Chillies + Salt + Sugar
6. Taste it. And add anything necessary to make the taste good.
7. Turn off the gas. Put the fried fish in an oblong plate and then pour the sauce all over and lastly spread the onion leaves on top of the dish.