Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My enthusiasm : Baking

I have always love the idea, concept and philosophy behind baking. Baking is not just baking. At the surface, one might see it as something simple. Learn, do and succeed.

Why I said so?

It all began with two reality shows that I've watched from United States :



1) Top Chef Just Dessert (Season 1 and 2)

Each seasons comprise of a few challenges. And every challenge, there was elimination. Judged by 4 prominent people in the fraternity. Unfortunately, the show ended till the second season.




2) Sweet Genius

Hosted by Chef Ron Ben Israel. A celebrity chef and also a famous cake decorator. His masterpiece is a 'legend' to many baker and chefs. In this show, my favourite participant was Chef Morimoto's mentee. Cannot remember his name. Chef Morimoto is one of the famous Iron Chef in Japan.


I think it is very challenging to create our own recipe with some concepts rooted within.

To me, the most exciting moment was when the participants were asked to make a menu that combine both sweet and savoury ingredient, but the outcome should be a dessert.

Quite many terms that I learnt from these two shows. The French and the baking terms. At the same time, it taught me on how to think creative and critically. To look at the other side of 'the box'.

Till my next entries.
Happy Cooking Lunch Time!

Assalamualaikum! May God Bless you.




No comments: