Saturday, July 5, 2014

New York Cheesecake : The First Trial


I get used to come to an acquaintance of this cake when my senior operated her home-based bakery selling. I ever try once. It is delicious. After sometime, I decided to make my own. I think, I am quite a stingy person in certain circumstances. Haha. Maybe selfish.

So, let's get started!

Basically this type of cake consist of two separate layer ingredients that need to be prepared.

The base ingredients :
 1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumb
 1/4 cup butter, melted
 1/4 cup granulated sugar

** Blogger's note : As for Graham Cracker Crumb, you may substitute it with any digestive biscuits. I used McVities Digestive biscuit (Original). For more delicious taste, use milk-based butter, not palm oil based butter. I would like to recommend you using Anchor butter or Tatura butter. This time cake making, I used Anchor butter, salted.

Filling :
 4 packages ( 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
 1 cup granulated sugar
 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
 4 large eggs, at room temperature
 1 cup sour cream
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

** Blogger's note (again) : Actually I don't really know how much is it for Oz, so I bought 2 packages of Tatura cream cheese, 1 packet per 500 gram. And for the sour cream, I used Pauls Sour Light Cream. To be frank, I don't have much experience in baking using sour cream. So, I don't know what is the best. Just try and look for the result. Haha.

For Pauls, it was interesting to find that 1 cup is equal to 250 g

Originally,
 the Tatura Cream Cheese packed in
250 gram per packet.
 This is the bigger size
 





Instructions :

1. Preheat the oven
2. Butter the pan. Use the pan which can be loosen at the side of the cake.
3. Mix the base ingredients in a bowl. The digestive biscuit should be properly crushed until it become in a state of crumbs.
4. Press the mix based ingredients into the bottom of the prepared pan.
5. Put in the oven and bake it 8-10 minutes
6. After that, cool it at room temperature.



7. As for the filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy


8. Add the eggs, one at a time, until just blended after each addition.
9. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract.


10. Then, pour slowly the filling into the crust



11. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until it is well baked or until set.


12. Cool the cake at room temperature
13. Loosen and remove the pan sides
14. Refrigerate for hours. As you like. Recommended 6 hours.
15. You can serve with fresh fruit (optional). - As for my family and I, we love to enjoy it without fresh fruit because it is Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad, not to eat fruit together with milk ( cheese is a dairy product). It is for health.

** Blogger's note : I don't have electric oven at home, but only the gas oven as you can see above. But it does not mean that I cannot bake. Just modify the method by using the gas oven. Using this old type oven requires me to check the cake whether it is ready or not. I need some common sense here. Huhu.




Tadaaa! My first trial. It's not perfect but it does taste good!



1 comment:

BERMASALAH said...

prof pandai ilmu bakeri.